Despite the evolving COVID-19 pandemic and coinciding socio-economic upheavals, the global construction and engineering industry continues to thrive. Infrastructure, extraction and energy projects form a crucial part of the world economy. Join a panel of experts as they review the most significant dispute resolution developments in the engineering and construction industry, with perspectives from several corners of the globe, including Australia, North and South America, Europe and the wider MENA region. This year’s panel discussion will focus on the following topics:
- The impact of COVID-19 and Force Majeure claims and what will the presumed availability of a vaccine mean?
- Use of Emergency Arbitrators in construction disputes
- Corruption in the public works sector and challenges posed to dispute resolution in South America
- Court and arbitrator treatment of tiered dispute resolution clauses and carve-outs – what works and what does not?
- Update on statutory remedies and international arbitration
- Perspective on construction disputes—Australia and ACICA
- New and revised standard contract forms for international projects
- 7 a.m. Pacific Time
- 10 a.m. Eastern Time
- 11 a.m. Sao Paolo
- 4 p.m. Geneva
- Midnight Melbourne
Organizer: USC Gould/JAMS Arbitration Institute Webinar Series : The Future of Dispute Resolution