The event will bring together arbitrators, leading practitioners and academics working in the area of international investment law to discuss issues related to State responsibility, including:
- circumstances precluding wrongfulness
- force majeure, distress and necessity
- fundamental change of circumstances
- attribution for the conduct of different branches of government, State entities, provinces and municipalities
- contributory fault
- responsibility for continuous and composite acts and the cumulative effect of a series of acts.
The speakers will draw on practical examples from their practice as well as hypothetical scenarios related to Brexit, the Arab Spring, sanctions, military hostilities and other situations.
This conference is a part of the London International Disputes Week #LIDW19.
BMA House, Tavistock Square, Bloomsbury,
London WC1H 9JP