The inaugural Tel Aviv Arbitration Day is a unique gathering of international and Israeli professionals leading the international arbitration field. Focusing on international arbitration trends and developments globally and in Israel this one-day conference will create opportunities for cutting edge discussion, exchanges and networking.
Join us in meeting new professionals, leading international arbitration institutions, law firms and industry service providers.
Who should attend?
Participants from the Americas to China include in-house counsels, legal counsels, arbitrators, academics and others interested in the practice and study of international arbitration.
Sunday, February 24, 2019 @ Haiku, LightHouse Hotel, Tel Aviv
19:30 Cocktails Reception
20:00 Welcome remarks – Michael Feit , Walder Wyss
Monday, February 25, 2019 @ The Lawrence, Jaffa
9:00 Welcome remarks – Shai Sharvit, Granot Speiser
9:10 Opening address – Lord Peter Goldsmith QC, Debevoise & Plimpton
9:45 Panel 1 – Arbitration by Industry
Moderator: Mark Levy QC, Allen & Overy
- Shareholders Disputes – Clarissa Coleman, K&L Gates
- High Tech and Technology Disputes – Menashe Cohen, The Israeli Institute of Commercial Arbitration
- Construction Arbitration – Peter Rosher, Reed Smith
- Oil & Gas Arbitration – Santiago Dellepaine, Berkeley Research Group
10:40 Coffee Break
10:50 Panel 2 – Arbitration by Regions
Moderator: Edna Sussman, Independent Arbitrator
- CIS – Dmitry Dyakin, Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners
- Belt & Road Initiative – Helen Shi, Fangda Partners
- OHADA – Michael Buhler, Jones Day
- USA – Sarah Biser, Fox Rothschild
- India – Karan Chandhiok, Chandhiok & Mahajan
11:45 Coffee Break
12:00 Panel 3 – Current Trends in International Arbitration
Moderator: Michael Feit, Walder Wyss
- Expedited Rules – Raphael Kaminsky, Teynier Pic
- Emergency Arbitration – David Goldberg, White & Case
- Third Party Funding – Charlie Morris, Woodsford Litigation Funding
- Transparency in Commercial Arbitration – Xavier Nyssen, Dechert
13:00 Lunch – Julian M. Lew QC, 20 Essex
14:15 Panel 4 – International Arbitration Reform in Israel – Time for UNCITRAL?
Moderator: Daphna Kapeliuk, Goldfarb Seligman
- Ms. Yael Weiner, Israeli Ministry of Justice
- Judge Avi Zamir (Ret.) A. Gabrieli & Co.
- Eli Cohen, Gornitzky & Co.
15:05 Coffee Break
15:15 Fireside Chat – The Future of International Arbitration
Moderator: Yaacov (Kobi) Sharvit, Herzog Fox Neeman
- Paula Hodges QC, Herbert Smith Freehills, The London Court of International Arbitration
- Alexander G. Fessas, Secretary General, ICC International Court of Arbitration
- Gabrielle Nater-Bass, Homburger, Swiss Chambers’ Arbitration Institution
16:00 Coffee Break
16:15 Panel 5 – Investment Arbitration
Moderator: Tatiana Minaeva, Jones Day
- Investment Court? – Richard Happ, Luther
- Time for a New Israeli BIT Model? – Dr. Roy Schondorf, Israeli Ministry of Justice
- Transparency in Investment Arbitration – George Burn, Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner
- Proposals for Amendment of the ICSID Rules – Noah Rubins, Freshfields
17:15 Closing remarks
17:30 Drinks & Networking