The inaugural New York Arbitration Week will showcase New York as a leading global centre for international arbitration and thought leadership in international dispute resolution. Programming will include:
- the first major program on the new ALI Restatement of International Commercial and Investor-State Arbitration (the Restatement) led by its Reporter, Professor George A. Bermann of Columbia Law School;
- a half-day program of the American Arbitration Association-International Centre for Dispute Resolution (AAA-ICDR) featuring an in-house panel on arbitration in life sciences, technology and construction, followed by a panel of distinguished practitioners who will discuss recent legal developments, enforcement issues, and trends in legislation and global politics with potential impact on arbitration;
- the announcement and presentation of the much-awaited results of the ICCA/New York City Bar/CPR Institute Cybersecurity Working Group;
- the Fordham Conference on International Arbitration and Mediation featuring a keynote address by Julian D.M. Lew, QC, Head of the School of International Arbitration at Queen Mary University/London, and a program on amendments to the Rules of the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID) featuring Meg Kinnear, ICSID Secretary-General.
- a number of social and networking opportunities, including — to name just a few — a reception following the Restatement program, a dinner celebrating the Restatement, breakfasts and lunches hosted by various arbitral institutions and organisations including ICC SICANA, CPR and NYIAC.
Highlights of New York Arbitration Week will include:
- An in-depth program on the newly-released Restatement of the US Law of International Commercial and Investor-State Arbitration led by the Reporter, Professor George A. Bermann, Columbia Law School, and including the Associate Reporters and leading Advisers to the decade long project.
- NY Arbitration Week Dinner, The Yale Club of New York City, November 20 @ 7:00 pm – 9:30 pm EST
- The Fordham Law School Conference on International Arbitration and Mediation featuring such speakers as Meg Kinnear, ICSID Secretary General, and keynote speaker Julian D M Lew QC, Head of the School of International Arbitration, Centre for Commercial Law Studies, Queen Mary University.
- Social and networking events in a variety of New York venues.