AW will team up with YPCP for this event. YPCP is a group open to all construction professionals: private practice and in-house construction law practitioners, engineers, experts, contract and project managers. YPCP was born to fill in the lack, for junior level to mid-level construction professionals, of a common space in Paris where to meet, debate and being educated on modern contractual issues and dispute management mechanisms related to construction projects. The association aims to promote and develop the legal knowledge of contract management and dispute resolution techniques in the construction industry, through the organization of various events, seminars and conferences.
The main topic of this conference is “Management of a Construction Arbitration Case”.
The panel will discuss, in particular:
- How to properly appoint the DAB;
- Contract management and the relationship between in house counsel/contract manager and the lawyer;
- When to hire a lawyer and how to choose the counsel;
- When to hire the expert and how to choose it;
- When to contact the arbitral institution and how to choose it; and
- How to choose the arbitrator(s).
Overall, the objective of the conference is to provide the attendees with a guide on how to handle a construction arbitration case. Each speaker will share with the audience her or his experience as arbitrator, counsel, expert, or institution representative in relation to construction disputes.
33 AVENUE DU PRÉSIDENT WILSON
75116 PARIS, FRANCE