We are pleased to announce that as ISTAC’s Energy Commission we are organising the first “Energy Disputes Conference” of ISTAC jointly hosted by Boden Law and Kolcuoğlu Demirkan Koçaklı Attorneys at Law which will take place in Istanbul on 23 May 2019.
The panels will consist of speakers from common and civil law backgrounds, including Stanimir A. Alexandrov, Dr. Sedat Çal, Nazlı Dereli Oba, Değer Boden, Feridun İzgi, Ben Hornan, Marina Matousekova, Dr. Mustafa Yavuz, Okan Demirkan, Brandon Malone, Ruslan Galkanov, Yaroslav Petrov.
The Conference is intended to be practical in its approach, it will be of interest to lawyers, general commercial lawyers, arbitration practitioners, in-house counsel, experts and business people. This Conference will be conducted in English. No simultaneous translation will be offered.
09.00 – 09.20 Introductory Speech: ISTAC Arbitration and Energy Disputes
- Prof. Dr. Ziya Akıncı (ISTAC, Galatasaray University School of Law)
09.20 – 09.40 Keynote Speech: Role of the Arbitrator in Energy Disputes
- Stanimir A. Alexandrov (Stanimir A. Alexandrov PLLC, Principal)
09.40 – 10.40 First Panel: Energy Related Investment Arbitration Cases
- Moderator: Dr. Sedat Çal (Hacettepe University School of Law)
- Speakers: Stanimir A. Alexandrov (Stanimir A. Alexandrov PLLC, Principal); Nazlı Dereli Oba (Karadeniz Holding, Legal Director); Değer Boden (Boden Law, Managing Partner)
10.40 – 11.00 Coffee Break
11.00 – 12.00 Second Panel: Legal Issues in Energy Trade and Supply Contracts
- Moderator: Feridun İzgi(Fırat İzgi Law Firm, Partner)
- Speakers: Ben Hornan (Hogan Lovells, Partner); Marina Matousekova (Castaldi Partners, Partner); Dr. Mustafa Yavuz (Çelik & Yavuz Law Firm, Partner)
12.00 – 13.00 Third Panel: Energy Transit Related Issues
- Moderator: Okan Demirkan (Kolcuoğlu Demirkan Koçaklı Attorneys at Law, Partner)
- Speakers: Brandon Malone (Brandon Malone & Company, Principal); Ruslan Galkanov (Energy Charter Secretariat, Head of Transit); Yaroslav Petrov (Asters Law, Partner)