Junior lawyers have always been critical in the preparation for and running of arbitration and arbitral hearings. They are relied on by their counsel team, clients and the arbitrators in many unseen ways. With the expedited progression of arbitration into virtual hearing rooms looking set to stay, RPC, Twenty Essex and CIArb take this opportunity to examine the critical role of junior lawyers and what opportunities there are for those lawyers to stand out and make a real difference. Our speakers will share their experiences (good and bad!) and offer advice to the next generation of arbitration leaders.
- Traditional role of junior lawyer in arbitration and arbitral hearings
- Development of junior roles in virtual arbitration: new expectations?
- Opportunities for junior lawyers to impress and progress
Keynote: Professor Julian Lew QC (Twenty Essex)
Host: Paul Baker, Counsel (RPC)
- Oliver Caplin (Twenty Essex),
- Naomi Briercliffe (Allen & Overy),
- Sebastiano Nessi (CIArb)