As part of Paris Arbitration Week (PAW), White & Case invites you to a webinar on climate change disputes. Climate change disputes are on the rise, and the recent IBA report Achieving Justice and Human Rights in an Era of Climate Disruption is calling for the immediate creation of an international ad-hoc arbitral body specifically for environmental litigation and the eventual establishment of an International Court for the Environment. We will discuss:
- Are the existing arbitral options flexible enough to adapt to climate change disputes?
- Is a specialist arbitral body required?
- Do we need the creation of specific soft laws?
- Elizabeth Oger-Gross, Partner, White & Case
- Majda Dabaghi, Director of Inclusive & Green Growth, ICC
- Judith Levine, Independent Arbitrator, Levine Arbitration
- Ralf Lindbäck, Managing Counsel, Wärtsilä
- Kirsten Odynski, Partner, White & Case