Co-organized by the ICC International Court of Arbitration, ICC Spain and ICC Portugal, the 1st edition of the ICC Iberian Arbitration Day 2019 will be taking place in Lisbon, on 20 May, providing an essential update on developments in the Iberian region and in its most important markets.
It will be one of the most important gatherings for the Iberian arbitration community: not only does it offer a line-up of top-class speakers, topical discussions and relevant news, but also an excellent opportunity to network with experts and practitioners from the region.
The conference will gather in Lisbon a number of specialists from all over the world to consider and discuss the latest developments and the hot topics in international arbitration, particularly the Portuguese and Spanish speaking markets. The topics in discussion will include:
- ICC One year in review (experience to date on the Expedited Procedure Provisions, 6 years of the Emergency Arbitrator proceedings and presentation of final report of the arbitration Commission; update on the work of ICC Belt & Road and Africa Commissions);
- Arbitration in construction disputes;
- Costs and third-party funding in international arbitration;
- Arbitration facing compliance issues, corruption allegations, determining facts and sanctions;
- Data protection, privacy, transparency and cyber security in international arbitration.