EMILY HORNA RODRIGUEZ
International Dispute Arbitration Lawyer
Firm or Organisation
Estudio Benites, Vargas & Ugaz Abogados
Senior Arbitration Associate at Benites, Vargas & Ugaz Abogados
Type of Practitioner
Country of Residence
Arbitration, Commercial Law, Infrastructure, Investment, Concession agreements
Senior Associate - Dispute Resolution at Estudio Olaechea Abogados; Senior Associate - Dispute Resolution at Baker & Mckenzie International (Lima Office); Senior Associate at Quiñones Alayza Abogados (Infraestructure Projects & Regulated Sectors).
American University Washington College of Law, International Commercial Arbitration (2019); Facultad de Derecho, Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú (J.D.), Summa Cum Laude.
- “Sharing Risks in acquisition of property”. Published in Ius360.com. February 2019. https://ius360.com/emily-horna/compartir-riesgos-en-materia-de-adquisicion-de-predios/ - Five main amendments introduced into the Peruvian Arbitration Act. Published in “Diario Gestion”, January 2020. https://gestion.pe/opinion/los-cinco-principales-cambios-al-arbitraje-noticia/?ref=gesr - Interview for a local radio regarding the new arbitration request filed by Odebrecht against the Peruvian Government before ICSID. February 8, 2020.
1. Universidad Peruana de Ciencias Aplicadas Law School. 2016. Assistant Professor. Civil Procedure. 2. Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú Law School. 2011. Assistant Professor. Civil Liability. 3. Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú, Law School. 2010. Assistant Professor. Obligations Course.
Peruvian Young Arbitrators - PYA CEA -40, Club Español de Arbitraje Young International for Commercial Arbitration - Young ICCA The Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb). Member (Student) Young ICSID - International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes Young International Arbitration Group – YIAG Women in the Profession Peru - WIP Peru
Av. 28 de Julio N° 1044, Miraflores
- Spanish: Native Fluency
- Conduct DR proceedings
- Represent clients as an advocate in DR proceedings
- Testify orally
- Draft opinions, reports, agreements, decisions, orders or awards
- Understand written documents
- : Conversational