Last Update 19 December 2017
Each year ArbitralWomen provides support to a number of teams who participate in dispute resolution competitions, such as the Vis (vismoot.pace.edu) or Vis East (www.cisgmoot.org) International Arbitration Moot by covering their registration fee.
Conditions for the funding:
- Any team requesting financial assistance must complete an application form: click here to download.
- The ArbitralWomen Board will consider all applications and decide which team(s) shall be supported. The support available is through payment of the applicable registration fee. Payment will usually be made directly to the moot organization on behalf of the funded team.
- Criteria of selection:
- The team must reflect ArbitralWomen's mission of promoting the participation of women in dispute resolution. Consequently, at least half of the members of a team must be women
- The team must demonstrate the need for financial assistance.
- Priority will be given to teams:
- who have not previously participated, and whose school has not previously participated;
- who have no support from their universities or no coach;
- who come from emerging economies or jurisdictions which, in the sole discretion of the Board, are in the greatest need of support for the advancement of women in dispute resolution;
- of smaller number of students composing the team (for example 4 students as opposed to 8).
ArbitralWomen’s Policy on Funding Moot Competition Teams: click here to download.
Special ArbitralWomen Newsletters about the Vis Moot: issue n°3 of 2011 and issue n°14 of 2015
Here is what past Mooties have said about the opportunity presented to them by paying their registration fee: